Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jokergreen0220 Offline

ChAôt

05.03.2019 07:21
ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Braves did everything they could over the last year to find a team willing to trade for struggling second Antworten

ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Braves did everything they could over the last year to find a team willing to trade for struggling second baseman Dan Uggla. Rougned Odor Jersey . There were no takers. Ugglas frustrating, four-year tenure with the Braves ended Friday when the team requested unconditional release waivers on a former starter still guaranteed over $18 million for the remainder of this year and next. "Weve been very active making calls for the last month," general manager Frank Wren said. "We got to a point where we realized that this was probably our only avenue." Uggla received the news during an early afternoon meeting at Turner Field with Wren and manager Fredi Gonzalez. "He was professional, just like he always has been and always will be," Gonzalez said. "Now he goes out and he can explore other opportunities. Somebody will give him a chance, and we wish him the best of luck." In his fourth season with the Braves, the 34-year-old Uggla was batting .162 with two home runs and 10 RBI in 48 games and 130 at-bats. He had a 33-game hitting streak in 2011, the franchises second-longest, but also struck out 495 times in 451 games over the last three years. Uggla was benched permanently on May 28 when the Braves purchased the contract of second baseman Tommy La Stella from Triple-A Gwinnett. The teams patience with Uggla appeared to wear thin last Sunday when he was suspended one game for reporting just 30 minutes before the start of a game at the Chicago Cubs. Uggla, a three-time NL All-Star, hit .179 with 22 homers and 55 RBIs last year and underwent corrective eye surgery last summer. He struggled so much that he was left off the post-season roster after losing his job to Elliot Johnson, a journeyman claimed off waivers in late August. The Braves reinserted Uggla as the starter at the beginning of spring training this year, but he hit .212 in April and .080 in 25 at-bats during May. "It wasnt because he didnt prepare or didnt work hard," Wren said. "He did all those things, so I cant answer what happened from a performance standpoint." The Braves recalled utility man Tyler Pastornicky from Gwinnett to take Ugglas spot on the 25-man roster before Fridays game against Philadelphia. Atlanta acquired Uggla on Nov. 16, 2010, when Wren traded infielder Omar Infante and reliever Mike Dunn to the Marlins. Wren soon signed Uggla to a five-year contract worth approximately $62 million. "When we made the deal, right-handed power was of the most difficult things to acquire," Wren said. "It was the perfect fit at that time. Even the first year, Dan hit 36 home runs, and we felt like this was the perfect match. It didnt continue to fit as well." After meeting with Wren and Gonzalez, Uggla spoke with several teammates before leaving the clubhouse seemingly for the last time. "Its obviously a tough day for me," first baseman Freddie Freeman said. "He was beloved by everybody in this clubhouse. He came in here every day and worked hard. He already told us he wants us to go on. Its definitely going to take a while for me (to get over)." Added right fielder Jason Heyward: "He always hustled, did not complain one time, wanted to be in the lineup. Theres not enough good things we can say about him." With 67 games remaining, the Braves are tied for first place in the NL East with Washington. Wren likes the makeup of his roster now, but will continue to consider ways to improve before the trade deadline later this month. "We have some really good pieces and we have some good, young players (in the minors) that we think can help us in the second half," Wren said. "Well look for ways to improve our club internally, maybe externally, but we do think that the foundation of a real good ballclub is here." Ferguson Jenkins Jersey . -- Jonathan Diaz is easy to spot in the Blue Jays clubhouse. Tony Sanchez Jersey . The best round belonged to Pat Perez. Tiger Woods didnt come close to claiming either Thursday in the Farmers Insurance Open, where the seven-time champion failed to break par in the opening round for first time in his career. http://www.cheaptexasrangersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-martin-perez-jersey .com) - The Vancouver Canucks hope an upcoming stretch of home games will be enough to get the club into the postseason.DOHA, Qatar -- Rafael Nadal reached the final of the Qatar Open on Friday by coming from behind to beat German qualifier Peter Gojowczyk 4-6, 6-2, 6-3. Nadal is looking for his first title in Doha and will face Gael Monfils of France, who only needed 55 minutes to dispatch Florian Mayer of Germany 6-3, 6-2 in the other semifinal. "Im in the final," Nadal said. "That (will) probably give me a little bit more confidence, a little bit more rhythm." Nadal lost the first three games against the 162nd-ranked Gojowczyk but came back to level the first set before losing serve again in the 10th game. The top-ranked Spaniard then raced to a 4-1 lead in the second and broke Gojowczyks in the third game of the decider after two forehand errors by the German. "Well see if I am able to make (changes) tomorrow to play a little bit better," Nadal said. The 31st-ranked Monfils hasnt dropped a set all week but has only won twice against Nadal in 10 previous meetings. Howeever, both those victories came here in Doha -- in the 2009 quarterfinals and the 2012 semifinals. Ivan Rodriguez Jersey. This will be Monfils third appearance in the Doha final -- he lost to Roger Federer in 2006 and to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in 2012. "It means a lot to be in the final again," Monfils said. "I have one match to go. Ill be ready for it." Gojowczyk had only won one career tour-level match -- at the 2013 U.S. Open -- before this tournament, but still managed to bother Nadal in the first set. Nadals forehand improved in the second, however, and his opponent couldnt keep up after that. "I tried to change a little bit and tried to be positive for the rest of the match, because the tennis was not there today," Nadal said of his mindset after losing the first set. "Even if he was playing great, when the opponent is playing too comfortable (it) is because Im doing something bad. ... Without playing my best, I was able to find solution." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz