Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 33 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jokergreen0220 Offline

ChAôt

28.02.2019 08:54
SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres remembered Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn before Wednesday nights game and then went out and honoure Antworten

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres remembered Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn before Wednesday nights game and then went out and honoured him the best way they could. Cheap MLB Jerseys . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday. "It was a little different today," said manager Bud Black, who played with Gwynn for one season at San Diego State. "Even when the game was over. I think everybody handles what has happened with Tony a little bit differently." Before the game, Mark Martinez, Gwynns top assistant at San Diego State, threw the ceremonial first pitch to Black. The Padres players and coaches then gathered around a large No. 19 painted on the grass in right field, which was Gwynns number and position, and observed a 19-second moment of silence. "It all sort of hit home and Im sure that the stadium, not just the 25 players, but all of us here in the stadium, have come across Tony," Black said. Starters Felix Hernandez and Andrew Cashner pitched well but didnt get a decision. Hernandez struck out 10 and allowed only three singles in seven innings, with no walks. But he allowed the Padres to tie it at 1 on a wild pitch with two outs in the sixth. Everth Cabrera started the winning rally by beating out an infield single on a chopper against Charlie Furbush (0-4). Cabrera was sacrificed over by Alexi Amarista and scored on Medicas liner to centre. James Jones throw home was late and off line. It was Medicas second game-winning hit of the season. Medica had met Gwynn a few times, and had played against San Diego State while at Santa Clara. The Padres lost their first two games after Gwynn died, at Seattle. "You could see it on the road, even in Seattle, I mean, there were Tony Gwynn jerseys all over the place," Medica said. "You could see how much he meant to baseball, let alone the San Diego Padres organization. You could see it again tonight, and all the great things hes done for this team and for baseball. Im sure he was smiling down after that win." It was the most runs the Padres have scored in four games. They had lost three straight, including two in Seattle. Joaquin Benoit (3-0) pitched a perfect eighth. Huston Street worked the ninth for his 19th save in as many chances. Hernandez allowed a leadoff single to Seth Smith in the first and then retired the next 15 batters until Amarista beat out an infield single. Cashner sacrificed Amarista, who took third on Smiths groundout and scored on Hernandezs wild pitch to tie the game at 1. "It was a changeup and I threw it too hard," Hernandez said. "That was a tough loss for us. I missed a lot of pitches." Said manager Lloyd McClendon: "It was a tough game for the Seattle Mariners, not just Felix. Those things happen. They had their best guy on the mound and we had our best guy on the mound. It was one of those games where we knew it was going to be close." Cashner allowed one run and seven hits in seven innings, struck out two and walked two. The Mariners took a 1-0 lead in the second when Mike Zunino was hit by a pitch, took third on Dustin Ackleys single and scored on Brad Millers single. NOTES: The Padres are wearing a patch with No. 19 inside a home plate logo on their jerseys, over the players hearts. Theyre wearing a JC star patch to honour Hall of Fame broadcaster Jerry Coleman, who died Jan. 5 at 89. ... The Padres have scheduled a public tribute to Gwynn for June 26 at Petco Park starting at 7:19 p.m., symbolic because Gwynn made his Padres debut on July 19, 1982. ... Seattle DH Corey Hart (strained left hamstring) and OF Michael Saunders (right AC joint inflammation) are expected to come off the DL on Friday. ... Padres 2B Jedd Gyorko, who has plantar fasciitis in his left foot, is out of a boot and cast but apparently is a ways away from returning. "Its been better," Gyorko said of the injury. ... The Padres plan to place 1B Yonder Alonso (sore right wrist) on the DL and bring up Jake Goebbert. ... The series concludes Thursday afternoon when Seattle RHP Erasmo Ramirez (1-4, 5.27) is scheduled to oppose RHP Jesse Hahn (1-1, 3.72). Nelson Cruz Jersey .S. routed Sweden 7-0 Sunday to win its fourth straight title and seventh overall under-18 world championship. Olson earned his third shutout of the tournament and the Americans allowed only four goals in six games to set an International Ice Hockey Federation under-18 record. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . - Jordan Addesis shootout goal helped the Plymouth Whalers to a 3-2 win over the Sault Ste. http://www.cheapmarinersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-ben-gamel-jersey . -- Terrelle Pryor took the opening snap of the game, put the ball in Darren McFaddens belly and saw LaMarr Woodley crash down.CHICAGO -- Edwin Jackson wanted to leave the mound on his own terms. Jackson struck out 11 in seven innings and Welington Castillo hit a two-run double to lead the Chicago Cubs to a 3-0 win over the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday. Jackson (3-3) had his best outing for the Cubs since signing a four-year, $52 million deal before the 2013 season. The right-hander allowed four hits and walked one. He struck out the side in the first and struck out Elian Herrera to end the fifth for his 10th strikeout. He finished his outing by striking out Jeff Bianchi on 95 mph fastball. Jackson received a visit from manager Rick Renteria after giving up an 0-2 single to Jean Segura with one out in the seventh, but Jackson persuaded Renteria to let him finish the inning. "He wanted it. I didnt say a whole lot," Renteria said. "He said, I got this." "I definitely wanted to let him know I wanted to finish that inning," Jackson said. "I had just given up an 0-2 hit from not executing a pitch, but I just wanted to let him know I felt good, and I felt confident that I can go out and finish the inning. He heard me, he listen to me, I guess he heard the conviction. I was glad to walk off the field on my own." That wasnt always the case in 2013 when Jackson lost 18 games. "I felt comfortable last year, last year, I just didnt get the job done," Jackson said. Hector Rondon pitched a perfect ninth for his fourth save in four opportunities. Starlin Castro had an RBI double for the last-place Cubs, who won just for the third time in 13 games. Milwaukee starter Matt Garza (2-4) was tagged for three runs on four hits. The former Cub had his second straight start that he allowed three runs in the first inning. Garza said he did not have extra adrenaline in his first start at Wrigley since being traded by the Cubs last season to the Texas Rangers. "Nope. I told you guys the first time; its just another game," Garza said. "It stinks the way it turned out, but theres no more or less emotion. Every time I go out there I go out there the same way.&qquot; The right-hander did rebound by not allowing a hit until a leadoff single by Anthony Rizzo in the sixth inning. Ken Griffey Jersey. He struck out seven and walked one. Milwaukee leadoff hitter Carlos Gomez was a late scratch from the Brewers lineup because of lower back tightness. He was due back Saturday after serving a three-game suspension for his actions in a bench-clearing incident against the Pittsburgh Pirates on April 20. Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun was loudly booed before his first at-bat in the first inning. Braun played in his first game at Wrigley Field since serving 65-game suspension last season for his involvement with the Biogenesis drug scandal. The Cubs didnt waste any time testing Garzas fielding ability. Emilio Bonifacio led off the first with a perfectly placed bunt that Garza wasnt able to reach in time to have a chance to throw out Bonifacio at first. Bonifacio later scored on Castros double. With two outs, Castillo lined a double down the left field line to score Castro and Nate Schierholtz to take a 3-0 lead. "Of course, Im frustrated, man," Garza said. "What do you think, Im happy? Its the worst freaking start of my career, dude. Yeah, Im frustrated. I hate this, this feeling. "So its keep grinding and keep getting ready every five days. Thats about all I can do," he said. NOTES: Brewers RHP Jim Henderson (shoulder inflammation) is on the DL and scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Sunday. Hes eligible to come off the DL Sunday, but no word when he might return. ... Braun is playing with a right oblique strain and is less than 100 per cent, but manager Ron Roenicke said he likes having a limited Braun in the lineup because Aramis Ramirez (strained left hamstring) is out. "With Aramis now out of there, it would be really tough (playing without Braun). And Ryan, hes good even when hes not 100 per cent," said Roenicke. ... Highly touted Cubs prospect Javier Baez is struggling in Triple-A Iowa. In 29 games, the shortstop is hitting .145 with three home runs and 11 RBIs. Hes also committed seven errors. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz