Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jokergreen0220 Offline

ChAôt

23.02.2019 09:24
HOUSTON -- Highly touted prospect George Springer is making his major league debut on Wednesday night, batting second and playin Antworten

HOUSTON -- Highly touted prospect George Springer is making his major league debut on Wednesday night, batting second and playing right field for the Houston Astros. Starling Marte Jersey . Hes the first of a group of top prospects expected to help the Astros back to respectability after three straight 100-loss seasons. But hes trying not to put too much pressure on himself. "I have to understand who I am as a player and I understand what I can do, and just go out there and treat this like its any other game ... and try to help the Houston Astros win," he said. The 24-year-old outfielder had 37 homers and 108 RBIs with 45 stolen bases combined in Double-A and Triple-A last year. He was off to a strong start in Triple-A this season, too, hitting .353 with three homers and nine RBIs. There was a buzz around the ballpark on Wednesday with Springers arrival. The hashtag SpringerDay was trending on Twitter in Houston and fans were excitedly tweeting all day about his debut. General manager Jeff Luhnow was a little giddy about Springers call-up, too. "We dont want to rest all our hopes on one player, but hes a pretty good player and theres more behind him," Luhnow said. "If he does well, I think it will lift our team (which) is now struggling a little bit and lift our citys spirits and give us hope that theres more like him coming. Thats exciting. Thats what weve been working for." Springer was selected 11th overall by the Astros out of UConn in the 2011 amateur draft. Manager Bo Porter said he will be Houstons everyday right fielder. "When you look at ... the production in which hes been putting up and if you look at the woes weve had offensively and trying to get our offence going and having a guy of his calibre that we can plug into our offence, he can definitely help," Porter said. Springer knows people are looking for big things from him, but is careful not to get caught up in the hype. "The goal at the end of the day isnt about the future, it isnt about me, it isnt about anybody else, its about the Houston Astros and thats to go out and win," he said. His parents flew in from Connecticut to be at Wednesdays game and his father raved about his namesake. "Youre going to see some pretty special things out on the field ... his whole approach to the game," the elder George Springer said. "And he has a smile thats as infectious as it is contagious, and Im looking forward to seeing it myself because Im a baseball fan, too." Austin Meadows Jersey . - Tom Brady was upset that his New England Patriots hardly looked like a division champion in the first half. Chad Kuhl Jersey . Tony Parker had 33 points and nine assists and San Antonio never trailed in a resounding 116-92 victory over Portland, bullying the younger Trail Blazers in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals. http://www.piratesrookiestore.com/Pirates-Adam-Frazier-Kids-Jersey/ . LaQuinton Ross scored 17 of his 20 points in the first half, hitting his first four 3-pointers, to send No.New York, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Jack Coffey Field has been good to Fordham in recent years, but the Road to Frisco passes through top-seeded New Hampshire, and the Rams feel up to the task after an impressive start to the FCS playoffs Saturday. Mike Nebrich threw for 421 yards and four touchdowns as Patriot League champion Fordham passed by Sacred Heart in the first round for the second straight year, this time by a 44-22 score. Fordham (11-2) will head to Durham next Saturday to face New Hampshire (10-1), the nations No. 1-ranked team, in the second round. It wont be the same as playing at home, where the Rams have won 10 straight games and 17 of their last 18. But the Rams appear ready for the challenge. Nebrich, who completed 29-of-50 pass attempts with two interceptions, threw two touchdowns each to Brian Wetzel (eight receptions, 166 yards) and Tebucky Jones Jr. (eight receptions, 1339 yards). Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys. Fordham took command of the game by scoring on its final play of the second quarter - Wetzels 14-yard reception with nine seconds left to make it 24-16 - and its first play of the third quarter - Jones 97-yard reception at the 11:45 mark to make it 31-16. The Rams outgained Sacred Heart 511 yards to 314. Chase Edmonds rushed for 91 yards, including a 26-yard touchdown, and Michael Marando kicked three field goals. RJ Noel threw two touchdown passes to Tyle Dube for Sacred Heart (9-3), a co- champion out of the Northeast Conference, but was intercepted twice by All- Patriot League cornerback Ian Williams. Sean Bell rushed for 112 yards on 15 carries and Keshaudas Spence scored on a 22-yard run in the loss. Fordham won last years first-round matchup, 37-27. The 24-team FCS playoffs lead up to the Jan. 10 national championship game in Frisco, Texas. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz