Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 31 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

16.02.2019 06:08
ough Djokovic doesnt have much on the line Thursday, Milos Raonic and Dominic Thiem will compete in a straight shootout in the e Antworten

LONDON -- Everything is falling into place for Novak Djokovic at the World Tour Finals, which will make a welcome change, given some of his tribulations the past six months.On Thursday, we will be spared a potential second-round clash between the Serb and Gael Monfils, who withdrew from the Tour Finals because of a rib injury he picked up last month in Stockholm.Monfils rope-a-dope tactics infuriated those inside Arthur Ashe Stadium and beguiled Djokovic in their US Open semifinal clash just a couple months ago. No one is probably happier to see Monfils exit the tournament than Djokovic, who won that match in four difficult sets.?You know, you work so hard for this moment, then [to] not be able [to] play your best is a huge deception for me, Monfils said in a news conference Wednesday. To not be able to finish it, I attempted to play in two matches. I have a couple of stuff I wanted to show. Im disappointed.One mans loss is anothers gain, though, and now alternate David Goffins trip to London wont be as just a tourist.There will be pride on the line in Thursdays afternoon session. Like all the original members of Group Ivan Lendl, Goffin has never beaten Djokovic. His losing streak stands at four, including a semifinal loss earlier this year in Miami.With a 2-0 record this week, Djokovic is already guaranteed a place in the semifinals as the group winner; little else will be at stake when the Belgian takes on the world No. 2.It is another boost for the 12-time Grand Slam champion, who is seeking a fifth consecutive title here and sixth overall. A championship would guarantee him the year-end No. 1 ranking for the fifth time in six years. Last Monday,?Andy Murray ended Djokovics 122-week reign at the top.Unlike Murray, who faces a tough battle against Stan Wawrinka?on Friday to potentially secure his place in the last four, Djokovic can put his feet up with an extra days rest.It could mean another trip to one of Londons green spots with his family.?Well, Hyde Park is one of the nicest parks there is in this city, Djokovic said of a venture outside earlier this week. Because of its vastness, I guess you have so many different contents: the lake, nature, different amusement for adults and for children. My son is here. Obviously, I try to dedicate my time daily to him, at least in the morning.We take a stride. We play with the ducks and swans, ball, playground. It keeps me relaxed. It keeps me grounded as well. I get to spend time with my family and him, quality time. Its very important.Djokovic just needs to better Murray this week, which has become a more conceivable prospect as the week has progressed. The Scot might be on a 21-match win streak (including four titles), but he faces a nightmare run of three matches in three days, should he make it to the final.Playing a 3-hour, 20-minute marathon against Kei Nishikori?on Wednesday did not help his cause. Murray needed an ice bath after that grueling, three-set win.Although Djokovic doesnt have much on the line Thursday, Milos Raonic and Dominic Thiem will compete in a straight shootout in the evening session, with the winner awarded second place -- and the coveted semifinal spot -- in the group.Hes playing well, Raonic said of the 23-year-old Austrian. Hes been doing stuff well throughout this whole year. Just like myself, he played extremely well at the beginning of the year. Hasnt necessarily played his best tennis since.Fortunately for me, I hope it works out that way. This is one of my best surfaces. I dont know if indoor hard courts is necessarily his. So hopefully I can take time away from him and play on my terms and have him react to the things I put forward and try to push him around.As the home stretch of this years ATP World Tour Finals approaches, the players are feeling the building pressure to win or go home. Everyone except Djokovic, that is. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Kemal-Ishmael-Jersey/ . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Deion-Jones-Jersey/ . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Mohamed-Sanu-Jersey/ . Hey!" The lower tier of the School End of Queens Park Rangers Loftus Road was packed solid with a very festive-sounding Chelsea choral section in this particular part of South Africa Road London, W12. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Adrian-Clayborn-Jersey/ . Aduriz headed home Markel Susaetas cross in the sixth minute to open the scoring at San Mames Stadium. He bettered that with a long-range blast that went in off the goal frame in the 18th, and converted a penalty in the 72nd after Diego Mainz was sent off for fouling Aduriz with only the goalkeeper to beat. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Sean-Harlow-Jersey/ .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. Liam Smith is hoping to be boosted by the ringside support of Steven Gerrard when he fights Saul Canelo Alvarez on Saturday.Smith (23-01, 13 KOs) has spoken to his fellow Liverpudlian about attending his WBO world light-middleweight title defence against Mexican Alvarez (47-1-1, 33 KOs) at the AT&T Stadium in Texas.Canelo, who has dropped down a division after relinquishing his WBC middleweight title rather than fight Gennady Golovkin, is a big favourite to relieve Smith of his WBO belt.After two low-risk defences, Smith insists he is ready to for a big step up in class and hopes former Liverpool and England midfielder Gerrard, who now plays for American side LA Galaxy, will be there to see him upset the odds.Boxing fan Gerrard has been out of action since suffering a hamstring injury last month and is a doubt for his sides game against Sporting Kansas City the day after Smith fights Canelo.Steven is supposed to be going to the fight and Ive had a conversation with him about it and because of injury he might be able to make it, Smith told ESPN.Hes a big fan of boxing but hes also a friend of the family and it would be great to have them there if he can make it, but we will have to see.Its a step up but I believe Im ready for this fight. Im not a 32 or 33-year-old looking for a pay day before I get out the game.Im young and a champion and Ive got something to lose. I didnt have to fight Canelo, I chose to fight him and should be getting more money for it.But its not about the money, its about my chance to put myself up there and beat one of the biggest names in the sport.To help prepare for Canelo, Smith has sparred with fellow Briton Kell Brook who wass beaten in five rounds by world middleweight No 1 Gennady Golovkin on Saturday.ddddddddddddSmith -- one of four boxing brothers -- also sparred with Amir Khan before the Bolton welterweight also stepped up two weight divisions to challenge Alvarez for his WBC middleweight title in May, only to be knocked out in the sixth round.Smith, 28, believes both Brook and Khan had tougher tasks than he does this weekend after the pair stepped up two weight divisions.I definitely think Kells fight was harder because Im very confident I can go out there and win, Smith said.In my opinion Kell wont win but Im a genuine light-middleweight and I think Canelo is a genuine light-middleweight too, so its not like Im coming up two weight divisions like Kell is against Golovkin and like Amir did against Canelo.I know Im solid enough to hold my own with any light-middleweight in the world and Ive wanted this fight for a while.Smith, who flew out to the U.S. on Friday, insists he will not freeze in the biggest fight of his life against Mexican superstar Canelo at the 80,000-seat capacity home of NFL side Dallas Cowboys.There will be thousands there to support Canelo but I wont shrink on the night, Smith said.The outcome will have nothing to do with the size of the occasion.Im not stupid and Im not thinking about losing but if I lose it wont be because I froze on the night because nothing gets to me in life. I will thrive on it.I sparred with Amir before he fought Canelo and it helped being around a fight of that magnitude and getting used to it. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz