Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
x123 Offline

ChAôt

14.02.2019 08:38
focussed.What would it mean to you to win the World T20?Its why I play. World Cups are the pinnacle of our game and why I train Antworten

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - A trainer flooding the field with five horses. A black jockey trying to make history, and a woman rider, too. Louisville coach Rick Pitino seeking a double — champions in racing and basketball. Hes sure in the right place. The 19-horse field for Saturdays Kentucky Derby is balanced, with no definitive favourite. Orb is the pre-race choice, just barely. Nearly overshadowed is his trainer, Shug McGaughey, who really, really wants this race. Doug ONeill trying to win back-to-back. And then theres the threat of rain, which has done in some of the best-laid plans on race day. It sure looks like a topsy-turvy Derby. "I dont think weve got Secretariat in this bunch, even Seattle Slew," four-time Derby-winning trainer D. Wayne Lukas said, "so I think its going to boil down to the trip and the pace and a lot of other things." Todd Pletcher will saddle a record-tying five horses — undefeated and early second choice Verrazano, Revolutionary, Overanalyze, Palace Malice and Charming Kitten. "We laid out a plan to get here with them, and its all come down pretty much like we hoped," said Pletcher, who has one Derby win with 31 previous starters. Verrazano is 4-0 in his young career, not having run as a 2-year-old. Hell be trying to disprove an old Derby jinx: no horse since Apollo in 1882 has won without racing as a juvenile. Relative unknown Kevin Krigger will be aboard Goldencents, trying to become the first black jockey to win since Jimmy Winkfield in 1902. "Im going to ride us the race that should get us to the Kentucky Derby winners circle," Krigger said. The colt is partly owned by Pitino, whose Cardinals won the NCAA championship last month. The coach recently got elected to basketballs Hall of Fame, so a Derby win would complete the ultimate trifecta. Rosie Napravnik wants to grab history for herself, too. No female jockey has ever won the Derby, although she came closest, with a ninth-place finish in 2011. Napravnik will ride 15-1 long shot Mylute. "He feels great, hes acting great and Im very confident heading into the Derby," she said. Orb was the narrow 7-2 early favourite for the 139th Derby. He comes in on a four-race winning streak for McGaughey, the 62-year-old trainer whose Hall of Fame resume lacks a Derby victory. Hes making his second appearance since 1989, when he finished second with Easy Goer. "I hope the track is fast and safe for everybody and nobody has any excuses, and let the best horse win," McGaughey said. Goldencents will be trying to deliver for more than Krigger and Pitino. Hes trained by ONeill, who put unknown Mario Gutierrez aboard Ill Have Another last year and won. The trainer is following the same script this time, giving Krigger a big break while trying to become the first trainer to win back-to-back Derbies since Bob Baffert in 1997-98. "We think it is our time," ONeill said. "We think it is us." Dont look for the white-haired Baffert on Saturday. The three-time Derby winner isnt saddling a horse this year, but like everyone, he had an opinion. "Whoever has the heart will win it," he said. The forecast calls for an 80 per cent chance of rain and a high of 59 degrees. The last Derby run on a sloppy track was in 2010. "Itll make the Derby that much more wide open," said trainer Ken McPeek, who has two starters, Frac Daddy and Javas War. Javas War and Golden Soul are Canadian-bred and owned by 66-year-old Edmonton native Charles Fipke. Lukas has two horses — Oxbow and Will Take Charge — ready for his 27th Derby. The four-time winning trainer planned to sleep soundly the night before. "I dont get uptight, dont even get excited when they go in the gate," he said. At 77, Lukas would be the oldest trainer to win. Oxbows jockey, Gary Stevens, will be pulling double-duty Saturday. Hell ride in his first Derby since ending a seven-year retirement earlier this year, and then return to his job as a racing analyst on NBCs telecast. The 50-year-old rider has won the race three times. "You go out there with the highest hopes," he said. "Ive walked back too many times after the Kentucky Derby and its a disappointment if they dont run their race. If were fortunate enough to win it, I know how to celebrate." Calvin Borel is one jockey always worth watching in the Derby. He and Revolutionary will break from the No. 3 spot in the starting gate, putting Borel near his favourite path on the track — the rail. The rider nicknamed "Bo-rail" for his fence-skimming rides has three Derby wins in the last six years. "This is his home court," Lukas said. "He does better here than anywhere else." Normandy Invasion can count on his own rooting section among the expected throngs at Churchill Downs. The colt named for the Allied assault on Normandy in World War II has four D-Day veterans backing him. They were flown in for the race by owner Rick Porter, and met the colt up close on Friday. Air Max 97 Prezzi Bassi . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Air Max 97 In Offerta . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. http://www.airmax97italia.it/ . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1. Air Max 97 Saldi . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Air Max 97 Ingrosso . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night.Katherine Brunt is an old hand when it comes to major tournaments, displaying nerves of steel in the 2009 World Twenty20 final to record figures of 3-6 and help England beat New Zealand to the title. But the seamer still gets sick ahead of big events and feels no different with the latest Womens World T20 getting underway in India this week.Brunt will be a key cog for England as they aim to better their runners-up spot in the previous two editions, with the team pipped by Australia on both occasions, in Sri Lanka in 2012 and Bangladesh two years ago.Speaking to Sky Sports, the Barnsley-born bowler discussed what winning the event would mean to her, the impact of new England coach Mark Robinson and the Yin to her Yang, Anya Shrubsole…Hi Katherine. Youve been around at big events for a while now, but do you still get nervous as a world tournament approaches?Of course I do! I did wonder when that feeling would go away but it never does. Its always the same and I always feel a bit sick!How do you think you have changed as a cricketer since you made your England debut in 2004?I have had to learn different skills along the way and become physically fitter as I play all three formats - I want to have a long career so I have had to manage my back. Im still learning all the time, especially with new England coach Mark Robinson on board. England captain Charlotte Edwards is also full of praise for new head coach Mark Robinson. What has he brought to your game?He has made me feel like there is more left in the old horse yet! He is all for taking you outside of your comfort zone - thats not really what I do personally, but it has helped me realise that I need to push myself and that I can work on my failings.As a former fast bowler, has Mark had a few tips and tactics for you?Not really. He has spent a lot of time getting to know the team and also focussed on our batting style and how we are going to approach an innings. He wants us to be positive and aggressive and thats how I play my cricket, with both bat and ball. Im quite a fiery character on the pitch and like to take on shots and take on anyone who comes at me. Thats what Mark is pushing from numbers one to 11. We havent perfected that style yet - it always takes time with a new coach - but we are well on the way. Katherine could be crucial for England with the bat, too Can you reassure us that the back injury that disrupted your recent tour of South Africa has cleared up?Yes, I feel great. I had a long winter season abroad and technically no time off since thee end of the English county season to stop and collect myself physically and mentally.dddddddddddd I got to a point where I needed that break before the World T20 so, while it was disappointing to cut my South Africa trip short, my back is now in the best shape its been in for a while. Im definitely ready to go.You seem confident and your team must be, too, after reaching the last two World T20 finals?We dont like being runners-up, thats for sure! I think there are at least four teams, possibly six, competing at the same level so its not dead-set for anyone. Its anyones game and will be about who handles the pressure best. Watch England Women in action in the ICC Womens World T20 A key for England could be the way you and Anya Shrubsole perform with the ball up front. Why do you think you work so well as a partnership?Mainly because one of us swings it in and the other swings it away. We feel like we can keep a left-right batting combination on their toes - I feel I have a great off-cutter and she has a great leg-cutter, so we are Yin and Yang. If one of us is getting through dot balls, the other is taking wickets. In world cricket, I think we are right up there in partnerships.Are you also Yin and Yang as people?Its quite funny actually. We have been doing these tests recently to see how you are in yourself and in a working environment and how you can work with your team-mates better - and Anya and I are on completely different ends of the scale in terms of personality. Everything I do annoys her and everything she does annoys me, so its bizarre we work so well together. I guess, though, that you become a different person on the pitch - I know I certainly do. Anya Shrubsole - Katherines bowling partner and personality opposite! Youve been in India for a few days now. Have you managed to get out and about?Not just yet. Weve been quite happy to stay in one place as a team and really train and rest well. Sometimes you have to sacrifice the touristy things when you want to win so I guess well save that for after the tournament has finished. We want to stay focussed.What would it mean to you to win the World T20?Its why I play. World Cups are the pinnacle of our game and why I train so hard. You always get a certain feeling when you come to these events as all the teams are giving it everything, we play alongside the men and the media coverage is ramped up. Its brilliant - I love the pressure, I love the hype and it brings out the best in me.Watch England Womens World T20 opener against Bangladesh from 9.30am, Thursday, Sky Sports 2. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz