Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jokergreen0220 Offline

ChAôt

28.09.2018 08:49
The Baltimore Ravens looked to Canada on the final day of the NFL draft. [url=http://www.rockiesgearproshop.com/Rockies-David-Da Antworten

The Baltimore Ravens looked to Canada on the final day of the NFL draft. David Dahl Jersey . The Ravens selected Virginia defensive lineman Brent Urban, a six-foot-seven, 295-pound native of Mississauga, Ont., in the fourth round, No. 134 overall, Saturday. Then in the fifth round, Baltimore took Winnipeg native John Urschel, an offensive lineman at Penn State, at No. 175 overall. A third Canadian, Notre Dame receiver T.J. Jones -- another Winnipeg native -- was taken in the sixth round, No, 189 overall, by the Detroit Lions. Defence was Baltimores emphasis early in the draft, taking Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley in the first round Thursday night before selecting Florida State defensive lineman Timmy Jernigan in the second round Friday night. And on Saturday, the Ravens opted for Florida State safety Terrence Brooks with their first third-round pick before selecting Colorado State tight end Crockett Gillmore with their second pick in the third. Ravens coach John Harbaugh was surprised that Urban was still available in the fourth round. "Hes a guy when I first watched him thought second round at the latest," Harbaugh told the NFL Network. "Hes had a couple of injuries and things like that but you talk to this young man and hes a great guy. "Hes a hard worker, big, strong. He fits our defence. This guy is a guy who fits our scheme perfectly, a big, strong guy who fell to us so we couldnt be more happy with him." NFL draft guru Mike Mayock agreed. "Not only do I like the pick but he fits exactly what they do," he said. "The five technique is probably his best position, a 3-4 defensive end in a 3-4 defence. "I think hes a big, strong kid. Hes stout. In addition to playing that five technique, he could probably move inside also. So I like him and I think theres some significant upside there." Urban, 23, started eight games at defensive tackle with Virginia last year before suffering a severe high ankle sprain but still led all NCAA Division 1 defensive linemen with nine pass knockdowns. He was invited to the Senior Bowl but couldnt play in the game due to injury. Not surprisingly, Urban has been compared to Houston Texans star J.J. Watt, one of the NFLs top defensive lineman, and came into the draft projected as a defensive end in a 3-4 scheme -- three defensive linemen, four linebackers. Urban was selected in the second round of last years CFL draft by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats but elected to return to school. This marks the second straight year the Ticats have lost a highly touted defensive lineman to the NFL. Hamilton took Calgary Dinos defensive lineman Linden Gaydosh first overall in the 2013 CFL draft but the native of Peace River, Alta., signed with the Carolina Panthers as a free agent and spent all of last season on injured reserve after undergoing back surgery. A converted hockey player -- he played AAA as a bantam in Mississauga -- Urban took up football his first year of high school at Lorne Park Secondary School before deciding to concentrate full-time on the sport. After high school, he attended Virginia and redshirted as a freshman. He served as a backup defensive end for two seasons before starting at tackle in 2012. Last season, Urban recorded 13 solo tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss and a sack. He was invited to this years Senior Bowl but was limited to just two practices because of his right ankle sprain. The major knock against Urban heading into the draft has been injuries. Urban underwent surgery in February and didnt participate in the NFL combine, where the top draft prospects undergo testing under the watchful eye of league coaches, GMs and scouts. Urban expects to be ready to participate in training camp come July. After being redshirted, Urban suffered a torn left ACL that limited him to just three games in 2010. He appeared in all 13 games in 2011, recording 15 tackles and 2.5 tackles for a loss but did undergo wrist surgery after the season. Urban started all 12 games at defensive end in 12, registering 20 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss and two sacks with a fumble return for a TD. The six-foot-three, 313-pound Urschel was born in Manitoba but played football at Canisuis High School in Buffalo, N.Y. He was a team captain at Penn State and earned all-Big 10 honours his final two seasons there and was one of 15 offensive guards invited to the 14 NFL combine but could also play centre as a pro. But he is much more than just a football player. He earned a masters degree in math and received the Campbell Trophy as U.S. college footballs top football scholar athlete. The six-foot, 195-pound Jones had his most productive season at Notre Dame in 2013 with 70 receptions for 1,108 yards and nine touchdowns. And he heads to the NFL with a definite pro pedigree. Jones late father, Andre, was a defensive end at Notre Dame who also played for the CFLs Winnipeg Blue Bombers while his uncle, Philip Daniels, is a former former NFL defensive lineman who played for Seattle, Chicago and Washington over 14 NFL seasons whos currently Washingtons director of player development. Also, his godfather is former Notre Dame flanker Raghib (Rocket) Ismail, who helped the Toronto Argonauts win the Grey Cup in 1991. Jones was born in Winnipeg before moving to Georgia, where he attended high school. As a true freshman in 2010, he started seven of 12 games with Notre Dame and had 23 catches for 306 yards and three TDs. Todd Helton Jersey . PAUL, Minn. Colorado Rockies Jerseys . As deep as their roster is, they need their superstar. Rose scored 23 points in his return from a five-game absence due to back pain, and Chicago hung on to beat the struggling Atlanta Hawks 90-79 on Monday. http://www.rockiesgearproshop.com/Rockies-Gerardo-Parra-Kids-Jersey/ . The Montreal Canadiens goaltender has won three of his four games since returning from a lower-body injury that kept him out from the end of the Olympic break until March 15.CLEARWATER, Florida – Erik Kratzs friendship with R.A. Dickey, he who throws that strange knuckleball, is growing. At 33, back with the Blue Jays organization and tasked with catching a pitch Dickey once described as a "capricious animal," Kratz is a veteran who is evolving under the bright Florida sun. "Its a cool challenge, it really is," said Kratz of catching the knuckleball. "Its something that as any athlete, any competitor will say that the competition, the effort level is something that youre never going to be someone that says, I didnt quite give it all I had today, but in a sense you have to kind of just relax and let the game come to you, which you have to do normally, but as a catcher you kind of have to have that energy." Kratz is like any other ballplayer. Hes been at this game for years and has developed habits that suit his game and have become second nature. Some of these habits are obvious, things youre taught the moment you strap on catchers gear, like giving the pitcher a firm target. Throw up your glove as he enters his wind up. Will your battery mate to locate his pitch. It doesnt work that way catching Dickey. The knuckleballer doesnt want a target. When Dickey is on his game, he has a good idea of where his pitch will end up, but it still can be unpredictable. Kratz is still at the point where hes reminding himself to let his glove rest over his left knee in his crouch, even when Dickey throws his fastball. Kratz has to be consistent every pitch or the hitter could know whats coming. Its a different mindset and he admits he finds it mentally taxing. "Thats something that as a catcher, I take pride in receiving the ball," he said, moving his left hand as if to put up a target. "I take pride in making the pitch look good. Its something that is a hard habit to break, but on the same hand, its something Ive got to be cognizant of that. I call fastball, normally Im like, Hey, lets get it out there; whoops, maybe not because I dont want to tip his pitches." When youre tasked with catching the knuckleball, you have to set your ego aside. "Its a part of my game that I feel is, not to sound conceited, but I feel like Im pretty good at it," said Kratz of his receiving prowess behind the plate. "I feel like Im really good at it. (Catching the knuckleball is) a challenge that is exciting and every time I go out there, kind of at the beginning I was like, jeez, now Im like lets go out there and do it and see what I can get." The battery-mates spend a lot of time together. Dickey says Kratz has "improved" at handling his pitch. The Blue Jays havent publicly committed to Kratz as the second catcher behind Dioner Navarro, saying that the other alternative, Josh Thole, has an extensive history with Dickey and the club needs to see whether Kratz can do the job. Wade Davis Jersey. Navarro hasnt played in more than 89 games since 2009, making it likely the Jays will need their backup to play more often. Assuming thats the case, the club requires reasonable improvement over Tholes .175/.256/.242 slash line he posted last season. Kratz has hit 18 home runs in 375 at-bats over the last two seasons playing for the Phillies. He is a low batting average, low on-base percentage hitter but he at least is a threat to go deep. Acquired from Philadelphia, along with left-handed pitcher Rob Rasmussen, for reliever Brad Lincoln on December 3, the former Blue Jays draft pick is preparing as if the job is his. Kratz is using a first basemans glove, instead of an oversized catchers mitt, although, he may revert if he finds a prototype with more flexibility. Each time hes catching Dickey in a bullpen session, he simulates game situations in his mind. Kratz will pretend theres a runner on third. If the knuckleball gets by him, chances are that run scores. Its not quite like live game action, but hes trying to put himself in the right frame of mind. Its important not only for himself, Kratz believes, but also for his teammates. He needs to project the right aura. His is the only position each of his teammates can on the field see in front of them. "If you have a bad energy catcher, you have a bad energy team, in my opinion," said Kratz. "The best teams that have guys that are high energy, you look at them and theyre in every play and theyre ready to go." DICKEY WORKS IN TRIPLE-A GAME While the Blue Jays lost a Grapefruit League game 6-3 to the Rays in Port Charlotte on Saturday, R.A. Dickey was pitching in a Triple-A game in Clearwater, against the Phillies Lehigh Valley Ironpigs affiliate. He logged 7 2/3 innings, allowing two runs on six hits and two walks. Dickey struck out two hitters. He threw 100 pitches, 60 of which were strikes. "Its a great mental exercise to come out here and execute your pitches regardless of the situation, surroundings, competition," said Dickey. "Im competing against myself more than I am those guys, anyway, so its a great exercise for me." "I feel more ready," said Dickey. "Now, Im going to take that into the season with me. Its no guarantee that things are going to be perfectly smooth, but at the same time the way that I feel brings a level of confidence with it that I dont have when youre not as prepared. And, yes, I do feel more ready." Dickey has two more starts before he takes the mound on opening day, March 31, against the Rays in St. Petersburg. The first, in which he plans to throw another 100 pitches, will be in a minor-league game, likely on Friday. He will make a shorter start on March 26 versus the Yankees in Dunedin. Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Wholesale Flames Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz