Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
dasg234 Offline

ChAôt

11.01.2019 14:47
ould get him out of the gym -- hed spend up to six hours Antworten

PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas -- Baylor couldnt get Johnathan Motley going early, Manu Lecomte was fighting his shot and the 20th-ranked Bears found themselves trailing for one of the few times this season.Their response? Cut down on turnovers, frustrate VCU defensively and grind out the tough baskets, a formula that helped Baylor hold off the Rams 71-63 on Wednesday in the opening round of the Battle 4 Atlantis.When youre shooting well and the games coming easy on the offensive end, its easy to have that carry over on the defensive end, Baylor coach Scott Drew said. It takes the mentally tough players when theyre not making shots they normally make to make sure it doesnt carry over and affect that on the defensive end.Motley scored 14 of his 19 points after halftime. Al Freeman scored 15 points, hitting three baskets during a critical second-half sequence for the Bears (4-0).In addition, Lecomte shook off a rough shooting game to finish with 16 points, including a hanging layup while being knocked to the ground for a three-point play to go with several key free throws in the final minute.You needed toughness to play in this type of game, Freeman said.JeQuan Lewis had 21 points for the Rams (3-1). They went without a basket for roughly 6 1/2 minutes during the second half.VCU used a late-half burst to lead 36-28 at the break and shot 58 percent in the opening half, but it cooled in the second half as the Bears defense tightened. VCU shot just 35 percent after halftime.I think we played really well for about 25 minutes, VCU coach Will Wade said. It got away from us the last 15 minutes.BIG PICTUREVCU: The Rams just couldnt find someone to step up and make a big basket as the empty possessions mounted during the critical second-half stretch. That included a run of six straight misses with a few turnovers during that field-goal drought.We have to play a full, complete game to be beat the best teams on our schedule, Wade said. We werent able to do that today.Baylor: Drew could at least feel good about his teams response after falling behind late in the opening half and then trailing through the first 9 minutes of the second half, especially with how it had just five second-half turnovers after committing 11 in the first 20 minutes. Baylor had led for 94 percent of game time through its first three games.I liked the way we fought back, Motley said.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Bears entered the AP Top 25 this week after upsetting Oregon at home last week. Baylor could only help its standing in the three-games-in-three-days event, especially with No. 10 Louisville and No. 24 Michigan State lurking in the bracket.LECOMTES DAYLecomte had made just 2 of 11 shots before that three-point play with 51.1 seconds left. He also went 10 of 11 from the line, including a 7-for-7 effort in the final minute.I was struggling shooting so my job was just to find the hot man ... and they did a great job finishing, he said.FREEMANS FINISHESFreeman, a 6-foot-3 junior from Charlotte, North Carolina, hit a driving shot then followed with a big 3-pointer off a crosscourt feed. His third big basket came when he drove by Jordan Burgess for a score to push the lead to 60-53 with 3:07 left.UP NEXTVCU: The Rams will play St. Johns, which lost to Michigan State, on Thursday on Day 2 of the three-day tournament.Baylor: The Bears will play No. 24 Michigan State in the semifinals on Thursday.---This story has been corrected to show the first name of Motley is Johnathan, not Jonathan.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 Nike Air Max 2017 . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. Cheap Air Max 95 . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. http://www.airmax2018sale.us/ . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. Mens Air Max 90 . Coach Mike Munchak says Fokou stretched ligaments in his left knee Oct. 13 against Seattle, which could keep out up to five weeks even though the linebacker didnt need surgery. Cheap Blue Air Max . The 18-year-old American had five birdies in her bogey-free round for a 17-under total of 196. Lee held the overnight lead but mixed three birdies with two bogeys for a 70. FARGO, N.D. -- A proud Ho-Chunk Nation member, Bronson Koenig has been speaking out about his Native American heritage since his freshman year at the University of Wisconsin, long before public displays of social consciousness by 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, soccer player Megan Rapinoe and other NFL players.Like Kaepernick, the senior point guard believes its time to put his words into action. He, his brother and a trainer were driving 11 hours Friday to the Standing Rock Indian Reservation in North Dakota, where thousands are camping out on federal land and trying to stop construction of a $3.8 billion, four-state oil pipeline, which they say could harm the Missouri River -- a water source for many -- and has affected sacred sites.I think I had planned on going to North Dakota before the Kaepernick stuff started, but its definitely nice to see a professional athlete trying to make a positive change for his community and his culture, Koenig said. Im thankful for this opportunity to use my platform to try and make a difference. I want to join the fight and help protect my peoples land and water.Koenig is bringing along what he knows: basketball. Hell put on a free three-hour basketball clinic for Native American youths, so they can meet me, talk to me and just have a good time. Koenig, his brother Miles and trainer Clint Parks also are bringing donated food, clothing and other supplies to the encampment, which abuts the Standing Rock Siouxs reservation.Koenig said he has been following the complaints over the Dakota Access pipeline for several months, but began to feel sense of urgeency in last two weeks due to more intense clashes between protesters, law enforcement and private security guards.ddddddddddddIve seen videos of people getting arrested and dogs being sicked on them, all that kind of stuff, Koenig said. Plus, with official practice slated to start in two weeks, it was his only window to spend some time there.Associate head coach Lamont Paris said the Badgers coaches and players fully support Koenigs activism.Its something that he believes in and we trust him thoroughly, Paris said. He is helping to raise awareness for a good cause.Koenig, who is from La Crosse, Wisconsin, did not grow up on a reservation but regularly attended pow-wows and other Native American events as a kid.There wasnt much else that could get him out of the gym -- hed spend up to six hours at the local YMCA honing his skills.He has gained the nickname Klutch Koenig at Wisconsin for his buzzer-beating shots and last-minute playmaking. He ranked second on the team in scoring and assists last season, as well as having the Big Tens best assist-to-turnover ratio, meaning he rarely makes mistakes despite handling a majority of the ball-handling duties.I take my heritage very seriously and I just want to learn more about it. There are going to be a lot of different Native Americans there from different tribes across the country, Koenig said. A lot of athletes send tweets out or Instagrams or whatever but I actually want to make a stand and put action to my words. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz