Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
dasg234 Offline

ChAôt

09.01.2019 15:29
vers combined to allow one hit. Both teams finished wi Antworten

Tim Leiwekes message has been made loud and clear; the Toronto Raptors plan to move forward, without looking back. The latest recipient of that message; Alvin Williams. After spending the majority of his nine-year playing career with the Raptors and serving in a number of roles with the organization -- including assistant coach, director of player development and most recently as a scout -- since 2009, the beloved former point guard was let go early Monday morning. "It does [hurt]," Williams told TSN 1050 Radio. "It does to be honest. Its disappointing." According to Williams, who guested on TSN Drive with Dave Naylor Monday evening, he and incoming general manager Masai Ujiri played telephone tag Sunday before Leiweke -- the new president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment -- broke the news to him over the phone a day later. "He just basically said that he was going to give Masai the opportunity to start with a clean slate and move forward with the organization," Williams said of that conversation. "Unfortunately my contract wasnt renewed." Hoping to dig the franchise out of its deepest hole, Torontos expensive new brain trust was assembled to make some tough decisions. This decision will not be a popular one. For better or for worse Leiweke and Ujiri have promised change and no Raptor -- on the roster, among the coaching staff or in the front office -- epitomizes the past quite like Williams. As a player, Williams won over fans in a hockey city with his hard-nosed approach and willingness to play through aches and pains. A second-round pick out of Villanova, he turned out to be the primary return in a deal that sent Damon Stoudamire -- Torontos first ever franchise player -- to Portland over 15 years ago. In 2001 he was a crucial member of the Raptors team that won its first and only playoff series, ultimately being eliminated on the cusp of a Conference Finals birth. Understandably, Williams also has ties to the current, underachieving era of Raptors basketball, having been around the team in multiple roles after knee injuries forced him into early retirement. The 38-year-old has a strong connection with a number of players on the roster, a roster that many expect to be tinkered with and maybe even gutted as early as this offseason. Williams has overseen the development of DeMar DeRozan, he maintains a close relationship with Rudy Gay and his friendship with Kyle Lowry -- a fellow Philadelphia native -- dates back to Lowrys senior year in high school. Hes sparred with them in practice and mentored them off the court. "Emotionally Im tied to things," he admitted. "A lot of times thats what you need to do, you need to start from scratch to go forward. Thats totally understood." At times that has seemed like the destined course for Leiweke and Ujiri, both of whom have stressed change. With the franchise mired in a five-year playoff drought, what else are they going to preach? "I inherit, I didnt create," said Leiweke, as he faced the assembled media in Toronto for the first time earlier this month. "And so from my standpoint this is today and we move forward from here." Ed Stefanski was immediately let go following the hiring of Ujiri and Jim Kelly, a longtime scout and member of the organization since its inception, was also sent packing. But what of Bryan Colangelo, who remains with the team, albeit with slightly altered business cards? What of Dwane Casey, who is expected to stay on as the teams head coach? The question, as Raptors fans will see it; why was Williams the sacrificial lamb? As Williams himself notes, this is a business. Ujiri will be given free reign to build his own team, from the roster all the way up to his staff, just as Leiweke promised. To some this move will come as a surprise. It may signify the end of an era, a heartless gesture that costs the embattled organization one of its greatest ambassadors. To others this will indicate a changing of the guard, the first in a series of bold moves. Moves that may one day propel the franchise back to where Williams helped lead it over a decade ago. Air Max 97 China Wholesale . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. Cheap Air Max 97 Sale . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. http://www.airmax97wholesale.com/ . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Cheap Air Max 97 China . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. Air Max 97 Wholesale . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season.CHICAGO -- The Cardinals Yadier Molina is regaining his comfort zone after returning from the disabled list -- and showed it by inflicting some pain on the Cubs. Molina hit a two-run homer, Joe Kelly threw six scoreless innings and St. Louis beat Chicago 4-0 Saturday. Molina also had a double in his second game since coming off the disabled list Thursday from a sprained right knee. "Today, I feel comfortable," Molina said. "Everything went well." Molina homered off Travis Wood for a 4-0 lead in the sixth after Matt Holliday was hit by a pitch. Molinas ninth homer was his first hit in eight at-bats since he came off the disabled list. Cardinals manager Mike Matheny also liked how Molina made a strong throw after handling a tough bunt and how he guided Kelly. "Were happy hes here," Matheny said. Kelly (4-3) hasnt lost since joining the Cardinals rotation as the fifth starter on July 6. He allowed four hits, struck out six and walked three. "Hes stepped up and really taken advantage of it," Matheny said "You can tell he cant wait to get the ball. When he goes out there with that kind of confidence it kind of transfers over to everybody else. And hes getting better. "Were still real impressed with how hes using his secondary pitches in tough counts. Hes staying out of the middle of the plate. Hes making good pitches when he has to. Hes working ahead, all the things we hope our starters will do." Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro was pulled shortly after making a mental mistake that let the Cardinals score in the fifth. The Cardinals led 1-0 and had the bases loaded with one out when Castro caught a popup by Matt Carpenter in short left field. Castro put his head down and hesitated to throow home.dddddddddddd Jon Jay scored from third base and the other runners advanced. "I think good teams constantly find ways to put pressure on the defence, and Jon is such a heads-up player," Matheny said. "He took two hard steps and saw he had an opportunity." Cubs manager Dale Sveum said something to Castro when he reached the dugout. Donnie Murphy switched from third base to shortstop to replace Castro in the sixth, and Cody Ransom came off the bench to play third. Sveum said there is no explanation for Castros mistake. He was unsure if Castro would play Sunday. "I know the outs and everything," Castro said. "I just put my head down, like a mental mistake. I dont want to say any excuse for that. "Its my mistake and thats why I pay for that. Thats why I got taken out of the game. I feel really, really bad that happened." Wood (7-10) retired the first nine St. Louis batters. He gave up four runs and four hits in 5 1-3 innings. Carpenter hit a leadoff double in the fourth and scored on a double by Carlos Beltran for a 1-0 lead. A trio of St. Louis relievers combined to allow one hit. Both teams finished with five hits. The Cubs have lost 14 of their last 19 games. They have been shut out in five of their last seven at Wrigley Field. "Youve got to give credit to Kelly. Thats pretty overpowering stuff," Sveum said. NOTES: The Cardinals recalled LHP Tyler Lyons from Triple-A Memphis before the game. He is 2-4 with a 5.35 ERA in seven starts. LHP Sam Freeman was optioned to Memphis after pitching four scoreless innings Friday against the Cubs. ... Cubs RHP Edwin Jackson (7-12, 5.05 ERA) will face Cardinals RHP Adam Wainwright (13-7, 2.71) Sunday in the series finale. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz