Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

05.01.2019 03:39
Mike Evans says he will not continue to protest the election of Donald Trump as president by declining to stand for the national Antworten

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans says he will not continue to protest the election of Donald Trump as president by declining to stand for the national anthem before games.The third-year pro apologized Wednesday to the military and anyone else truly affected by him not joining his teammates in standing on the sideline before last weeks game against the Chicago Bears.Evans stopped short of saying he regretted not standing for the anthem on Salute To Service Day at Raymond James Stadium . He still thinks Trumps election is not good for the country, but instead of protesting he intends to try to impact the plight of minorities in other ways.I know Ive hurt a lot of people by doing what I did. Im sorry to those who are truly affected by what I did, to those who are disappointed in what I did, and to my teammates, Evans said.Evans said Sunday he meant no disrespect to the military, but that he viewed the election of a businessman and reality television star to the nations highest office was not a good look for America.He said reaction from fans and others on social media has been mixed.Its what I expected. Some people were saluting me, some people were showing evil, and a lot of hate, said Evans, whos tied for the NFL lead in touchdown receptions with eight.I just want people to understand that you cant just hate somebody because they have different beliefs and different views than you, Evans said. Thats the problem, thats why I did what I did. Thats what I want people to understand, you cant just wish harm on somebody because they have different beliefs than you. Everyone didnt grow up the same.Evans, 23, grew up in Galveston, Texas. He said he will reach out to different organizations and use my voice to help minorities, including blacks, Latinos, women, the LGBT community and other people that are in fear of Donald Trump and his presidency.The way people grow up, it shapes the way they think and do things. I grew up in a mixed population, white, Hispanic and black, and I feel all people are equal, Evans said, adding that he wasnt surprised by the criticism hes drawn since Sunday.It was the Salute to Service game, and so looking back on it I probably would have done it a different way, Evans said. But its done. It wont happen again. Ill be standing with my teammates. But I will be using my platform to bring (awareness).Quarterback Jameis Winston was among the teammates who said they respected Evans right to protest.Yeah, I talked to him about it and Im definitely on his side. I respect his beliefs. ... Ive got his back, Winston said.Mike is a standup guy, one of the greatest guys on this football team, the quarterback added. What he does on the field, what he does off the field, the type of man that he is, speaks for itself.Evans, who has 59 receptions for 811 yards in nine games, said he hasnt received any backlash in the locker room.My teammates are a bunch of great guys. They understand, they know what type of guy I am, they know Ill do whatever I can do to help them on the field, Evan said. They showed me the utmost respect.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Nike Dunk Wholesale China . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Nike Dunk Cheap China . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a good goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (good goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. http://www.nikedunkcheap.com/ . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. Cheap Nike Dunks For Sale . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Nike Dunk Shoes For Sale . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Sixty-one years is how long Mumbai had to wait to watch its national team in action. Mumbai, having undergone a complete makeover in recent times, got ready to host a Puerto Rico side ranked 38 places higher than India.Andheri Sports Complex is the only structure of some sporting significance in all of Mumbais suburban district, an area that houses just over 9 million people, a population nearly three times that of Puerto Rico.45 minutes prior to kick off, a large chunk of the arena remains empty. Officials say the ground will hold up to 18,000 once the pending grand stand has been built. At present it just about manages two-thirds of that.FIFA officials inspected the premises last year as a potential venue for the U-17 World Cup to be held next year, and insisted that a players tunnel be built, among other things. Right next to that tunnel, filled to capacity, arrived the Yellow Brigade, fans of the I-League club, Mumbai FC.Barely touching a thousand in number, they lead the way for the rest of the arena to follow for the next couple of hours. Banners of Chettri - Pure Class, One nation, One team, One dream are suspended from the roof of the stand, and the chants are a mix of what one might expect at a Premier League game and the Wankhede cricket stadium.As the blues go marching in is impeccably timed with Indias arrival on the pitch. 5 claps, split two and three follow Lets go India and Soo-Neel-Chetri all echoed in perfect sync. The DJ then spins to his Wankhede playlist; Chak De India and Vande Mataram.15 minutes to kick-off and the stadium fills steadily. 10 minutes later, the announcer asks for the crowd to welcome the two sides - India and Potrico. Mumbais crowd are often a deadly mix of well-informed, unforgiving and opportunistically brash. Potrico becomes the theme for the next set of chants.Derby day norms apply at kick-off. Every second of Indian possession is cheered. Every Puerto Rican touch is booed.There are a few thousand seats still empty by the time referee Santosh Kumar points to the spot in thee 8th minute.dddddddddddd Puerto Rico go 1-0 up. India have hardly touched the ball. The crowd decide to turn on the heat.Uncharitably, referee Kumar is the subject of the next round of chants. The words in between referee and the five claps cant be printed. By now the arena is near packed. And just about everyones joined in.Narayan Das equalizer in the 17th minute brings the roof down. The brigade celebrates but refuses to let off the referees back. 7 minutes later, he awards the softest of free kicks as Sunil Chhetri runs into Emmanuel DAndrea just outside the box. Ironic cheers greet the decision. Chettri curls it in to put India 2-1 up. The crowd claim the assist.India open up. The crowd acknowledge Chhetris every touch. India are now taking the game to their jet lagged hosts, and by the time Jeje makes it 3-1, windows and terraces of neighboring buildings have filled up, fire flares emitting yellow smoke erupt in the brigades section and the Poznan celebration - which involves the fans turning their backs to the pitch, joining arms and jumping up and down in unison is seen for the first time in Mumbai.A stupendous performance by @chetrisunil11 is recognized duly by a raucous Mumbai crowd! #INDvPUR #BackTheBlue pic.twitter.com/ysv9K05UL9- Indian Super League (@IndSuperLeague) September 3, 2016But this wasnt Dortmund or Manchester, it was Mumbai. The home of Bollywood. And so, the song In the Mumbai, all over India from the movie Shootout at Lokhandwala and Chale Chalo from Lagaan accompany the Poznan. Strange in thought, surreal in practice.Puerto Rico are to never to recover from there on. Their coach David Gulleimat admits the atmosphere was something he didnt expect. His counterpart Stephen Constantine added that Mumbais crowd made a few thousand feel like a lot more. His parting words at the conference - I hope they (Mumbai) dont have to wait another 61 years for their next one. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz