Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
dasg234 Offline

ChAôt

04.01.2019 10:42
ack Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys[/url] [url=http://www.che Antworten

CLEVELAND -- Torii Hunter came up one measly single shy of history. Its about the only thing the All-Star-studded Detroit Tigers havent accomplished during two days of dominance inside Progressive Field. Hunter drove in three runs and fell a single short of hitting for the cycle, and Miguel Cabrera cracked a two-run homer as the Tigers overpowered the Cleveland Indians again, 9-4 on Saturday for their fifth straight win. Hunter hit a two-run homer, tripled and doubled as the Tigers won their seventh consecutive game over the Indians and pushed their lead in the AL Central to 3 1/2 games. Needing just a routine base hit in the eighth inning, Hunter grounded out weakly to reliever Vinnie Pestano. "I tried to bloop it, but it just didnt work out," said Hunter, who would have already had his cycle but was robbed by outfielder Michael Bourns diving catch in the third. "That was my single. He ruined it for me. Ill have to talk to him tomorrow." Detroit improved to 8-2 against Cleveland this season, and the Tigers have won 11 of the last 14 games in what has been a lopsided rivalry. The Indians came into the four-game series hoping to cut into Detroits lead. Instead, the Tigers have opened some distance and are threatening to widen the gap. "Well show up tomorrow," Indians manager Terry Francona promised. "We certainly need to do better against them. Theyre the team that is directly ahead of us and theyve kind of had their way with us, but I dont think well show up tomorrow and not feel were going to win. But we need to play better." The Tigers have outscored the Indians 16-4 in the first two games of the series and Detroit still has Doug Fister (6-5) and Max Scherzer (13-0) scheduled to pitch. Anibal Sanchez (7-5) returned from the disabled list and pitched five innings for his first win since June 4. Cabrera and Prince Fielder homered in the third off Carlos Carrasco (0-4), who was recalled from the minors to face the ALs best hitting team. Nick Swisher and Ryan Raburn went deep for Cleveland, which has dropped four straight. In the eighth, the Tigers learned that Cabrera will make his first start for the AL in the All-Star game and will be joined by five teammates; Hunter, Fielder, shortstop Jhonny Peralta, Scherzer and Justin Verlander. Detroits Jim Leyland will manage the AL squad for the July 16 game at Citi Field in New York. "Im very happy for all our guys," Leyland said. "Everybody from the Tigers was a players choice. The one guy I added was Justin Verlander and I dont think thats really going out on the limb too damn far." Hunter said Cabreras first All-Star start was long overdue. "I couldnt believe hed never been a starter," Hunter said of Cabrera, who won the Triple Crown last season. "Hes been the best hitter on the planet for a long time." The Indians will be represented by pitcher Justin Masterson and second baseman Justin Kipnis, who had his hitting streak stopped at 16 games. Leyland picked both Cleveland players, selections that delighted Francona. "I knew all along that the process is what it is and I knew he would put his heart and soul and brains into it and try to do the best job that he could," said Francona, who managed the AL team in 2005 and 2008. "Sometimes its an impossible job, but knowing him I knew he would do the best he could for every team." Hunters two-run homer in the sixth put the Tigers ahead 9-1. With a chance to become the first Tigers player to hit for the cycle since Carlos Guillen in 2006 -- and the first to do it in Progressive Field history -- Hunter tapped out on a slow roller. Sanchez had been sidelined since June 16 with a strained shoulder. With the luxury of a large lead, he was able to pitch relaxed and allowed one run and three hits before Leyland pulled him after 73 pitches. Carrasco wasnt so lucky. He survived his first trip through Detroits vaunted lineup unscathed, but the right-hander wasnt so fortunate the second time around as the Tigers roped two homers, two doubles and a single in the third off Carrasco, who hasnt won in the majors since June 29, 2011. He missed all of 2012 following Tommy John surgery. Cabrera connected for a two-run homer and Fielder followed with another drive as the Tigers scored four times -- all with two outs. With one out, Austin Jackson doubled before Carrasco retired Hunter on a hard liner to centre. Cabrera fouled off two pitches before launching his 27th homer into the left-field seats to make it 2-0, thrilling thousands of orange-and-blue clad Detroit fans who made the trip from Michigan. Two pitches later, Fielder hit his 15th homer, a towering blast into the right-field seats to put the Tigers up 3-0 in the game and 10-0 in the series. After the game, the Indians held a brief players meeting to address all that has gone wrong in the past two games. "Were definitely not intimidated by them," Kipnis said. "Weve just come out flat the last couple days and were looking to change that. The pressures not really on us, its got to be on them and thats the way weve got to approach it." NOTES: The Tigers have six All-Stars for the first time since 1985. ... Francona is opposed to the league that wins the All-Star game receiving home-field advantage in the World Series. "Im not sure I have the answer," said Francona, who managed the AL team in 2005 and 2008. "But you play all year in our sport, I think that should mean something." ... Leyland isnt sure when 2B Omar Infante (bruised left shin) will return. He hasnt played since being taken out on a slide by Torontos Colby Rasmus on Wednesday. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the boost he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov. Cheap Jerseys From China . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. http://www.cheapnfljerseysauthenticshop.com/ . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker room entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands. Stitched Nike NFL Jerseys . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. Argentina could not even have dreamed about facing Australia at Twickenham in the Rugby Championship 10 years ago, according to Juan Manuel Leguizamon.The Pumas veteran back-row forward has admitted his nations rugby outlook has changed beyond recognition across the course of his own 11-year Test career.Leguizamon is relishing his status as Argentinas elder statesman this week, at 33 the old man of the Pumas squad chasing a second victory of this years Rugby Championship at Twickenham on Saturday.The former London Irish flanker has admitted he is delighted to be back on familiar territory -- and hopes hosting a Rugby Championship match in the northern hemisphere can become a regular event for Argentina.To be honest I would never have imagined we would be where we are when I started playing for the Pumas, said Leguizamon, who made his Argentina debut in 2005. Its amazing, the job that our union did, bringing the Jaguares team into Super Rugby, putting the Pumas in the Rugby Championship.I would never have imagined it. Were very happy to have these opportunities.Argentina will break new ground in the Rugby Championship by hosting the Wallabies at Twickenham on Saturday. The competitions first match staged in the northern hemisphere represents a bold move by touurnament bosses SANZAR, but one that has generally excited coaches and players.ddddddddddddAustralia boss Michael Cheika admitted the Wallabies could have taken a dim view if asked to trade a home fixture for the Twickenham trip, but Argentina had few qualms in doing exactly that.We are really happy to be here, we love London and England and its amazing to be playing at Twickenham again, said Leguizamon. We are enjoying it and all very happy to be here. Its a great opportunity to take, and its all about enjoying this week.I would love to have this more regularly, definitely. I love London, having played for London Irish for three years.If we could do this once a year it would be amazing.I think its great for the sport, initiatives like this. Obviously its amazing to play in Argentina, but its brilliant for us too to be a part of a move like this.Its unbelievable for us how far weve come in the last decade, but at the same time this is where we are and we need to take these chances.We are improving and we are doing better but we need to keep moving forward, keep improving.We are looking for better results and to make steps forward. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz