Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jokergreen0220 Offline

ChAôt

26.09.2018 09:25
my own way and that would Antworten

OTTAWA -- A week ago it was unthinkable, but the Ottawa Senators are back in playoff contention. Marouane Fellaini Jersey . Ales Hemsky scored the only goal of the shootout Monday night as the Senators earned a huge 2-1 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. Hemsky moved in and fired a shot off the post and into the back of the net behind goaltender Cam Ward to give the Senators their third straight win, and fourth in their past fifth games. They have nine points over that stretch. As it stands now, the Senators are in 12th in the Eastern Conference four points behind the Columbus Blue Jackets, who currently possess the second wild-card berth with 82 points. The Hurricanes are seven back. "All Im doing is going game-by-game still. We won today, now we have to get ready for Wednesday and again well see where we are at (in) 82 games," said Senators coach Paul MacLean. Craig Anderson stopped all three Carolina shooters, including Elias Lindholm with the final shot to earn the victory. Mika Zibanejad scored in regulation for the Senators (32-29-14) while Anderson made 30 saves. Jeff Skinner had the Carolina goal while Ward backstopped the Hurricanes (32-32-11) through regulation with 28 saves. Coincidental minor penalties in overtime meant the teams played two minutes of three-on-three hockey. Kyle Turris had the best opportunity for the Senators during that span but his shot went over the net. Alex Semin had Anderson beat on a two-on-one but his backhand went wide. "Structure wise we werent really sure what to do, but you need guys that are creative and are able to beat guys one-on-one because thats what it comes down to," Senators defenceman Marc Methot said of the rare three-on-three. "The guys handled it well." There was very little in the way of scoring opportunities through most of the third period. That changed in the final few minutes as both teams started to apply pressure as neither wanted the other to claim a bonus point in the tight playoff race. "There were definitely opportunities and a little spark at the end. The fans started getting into it knowing the pressure of the last five minutes and that any mistake could be in the back of the net," said Hurricanes forward Jordan Staal. "It raised the intensity of the game for sure." The way the first period started it seemed as though the goaltenders were going to have nightmares even before they went to bed. The score was tied 1-1 before the five-minute mark and the non-defensive style was allowing for several opportunities on both sides. Zibanejad opened the scoring at 1:41 of the first period when he deflected a Patrick Wiercioch point shot past Ward. The play was reviewed but quickly announced that the call on the ice stood and it was in fact a goal. "Youve got to look at it as a lucky break on their side, and just get ready for the next shot," Ward said of the goal. "The puck was bouncing a little more than I would have liked, but other than that we gave our team a chance to win. Unfortunately, it doesnt feel good to lose in a shootout." Zibanejad continues to improve on his career-high numbers as he now has 14 goals and 29 points in 64 games. "Lately weve been taking it one game at a time. Its cliche but we are. And were doing whatever we can to make sure we get the points," said Zibanejad. "The pressure is not on us, the pressure is on the teams above us and by winning were putting more pressure on them." It wasnt all good news for the Senators though as Erik Karlsson gave the puck away behind his own goal and then was the last player to touch it before it went into the back of the Ottawa goal behind Anderson. Karlsson tried to sweep the puck around the boards behind the net but fanned on his attempt, giving skinner possession of the puck behind the goal. He danced from side-to-side before banking the puck off Karlsson and in to tie the game at the 4:03 mark. Notes- Jason Spezza, Bobby Ryan, Jared Cowen and Colin Greening were scratches for the Senators. Mike Komisarek, Radek Dvorak and Justin Peters were scratches for the HurricanesaThe Senators recalled Jean-Gabriel Pageau from Binghamton on MondayaSenators forward Kyle Turris was named the NHLs First Star of the Week Monday after collecting four goals and three assists in four gamesaJeff Skinner now has points in five straight games and recorded his 30th goal of the season MondayaThe Carolina Hurricanes are scheduled to play back-to-back games 20 times this season, second only to the Custom Manchester United Jerseys . The Toronto Maple Leafs forward and Nashville Predators goaltender highlighted Mondays waiver transactions, with Calgarys Chuck Kobasew and Edmontons Philip Larsen also being placed on waivers. Manchester United Jerseys . Although the deal cannot be made official until the free agent moratorium period is lifted on July 10, Patterson has agreed to a three-year, $18 million extension to remain in Toronto, sources confirm to TSN. http://www.manunitedfcpro.com/Kids-Scott-Mctominay-Jersey/ . Villa has already confirmed his short-term deal and the Daily Mirror reported early Tuesday that Lampard will join him as both build up match fitness ahead of moves to the new Major League Soccer franchise New York City.Jim Furyk isnt really concerned with the fact that his last bogey came on the fourth hole on Thursday. He isnt even concerned that since that time, hes rattled off 16 birdies. Or by the fact that hes one-putt 24 times. He isnt awed by his prowess at hitting fairways, where hes tied for third with a percentage just below 80, or greens, where he leads the field after finding 45 of 54. All he cares about is that hes leading. "Its really not important," said the 44-year-old of his bogey-free run. "I know its something that the media outside wanted to talk about. What is important is Im 15-under and if that was with 25 birdies and 10 bogeys or 16 birdies and one bogey, its really not that important. I would take another 65 tomorrow with as many bogeys as can be on the card." Furyk is a guy who truly amazes me. Not because of his wonky swing that was once described by David Feherty as looking like an octopus falling out of a tree. That swing is so bullet-proof to me. It just works over and over. Rather, he amazes me with his smarts, his insight, his attention to detail. Its as unique as his swing. Last week, after he finished up at Royal Liverpool, I asked him what he remembered about Royal Montreal. He told me old-school golf course with modern greens and then went into a little more detail about the Dick Wilson design that was re-modeled by Rees Jones before the 2007 Presidents Cup. I cant remember what I had for breakfast and he gave me a pretty good synopsis of a course he hadnt seen in seven years. That, to me, is Jim Furyk. Hes a guy who listens to your question, thinks about a response and then gives you something great. Almost every time. He doesnt really have a cliché in his body, I suspect. I remember after he stumbled down the stretch at the U.S. Open at the Olympic Club two years ago. The tournament was his to win until he messed up the 16th holes. He took full responsibility - in fact, his exact quote was: "I have no one to blame but myself." You dont hear that too often out here. Its usually about the wind gusting a shot or a bump in the greens throwing a putt off line or a camera or a noisyy butterfly landing a hole away. Ashley Young Jersey. I digress. Today, Furyk goes to the first tee in control of the tournament. He leads by three and you know he already has a game plan formulated for Royal Montreal. He told us hes going to check the weather out tonight. Not just the rain and storms expected but also the wind. Yup, the wind direction, which will affect his game plan. And hell take a load of experience too. No one in the field has been in the position hes in more than him. Sometimes he wins, more often hes lost - thats just the nature of golf. Hes had a share of the lead heading to the final round 25 times in his career and hes won 10 times. "You know, I think its always nice to have experience in rounds," he said. "Whether Ive played well, whether youve won or ended up not winning the golf tournament, you draw from both experiences. The guys out here have played so well for three days already, everyone is capable." Perhaps the only question mark on his docket is the fact he hasnt won since 2010. Hes had a number of chances - including a couple of runner-up finishes this year - but never closed things out. "Sometimes I just got outplayed," he said. "Case in point would be Jason Dufner at the PGA last year. Other times I felt like I got in my own way and that would be Akron and Keegan Bradley and not closing it out when I had the opportunity." Sunday Furyk can join some select company if he does win. Just three players have three wins in the Open, but its a pretty good lineup: Tommy Armour, Sam Snead and Lee Trevino. Only one has more, that would be Leo Diegel with four. Hes also be the third oldest golfer to win the national championship behind Mark Calcavecchia and Bob Tway. Right now, based on his play through the first three rounds, it would be hard to imagine Furyk losing, but as he knows only too well, funny stuff happens in golf. Theres no sure thing, no guarantees. The only thing certain is that Furyk will step up to the first tee, and set out towards what he hopes will be 17th PGA Tour victory. Not bad for a guy with a swing that wont be in any text book. Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Bruins Jerseys Cheap Sabres Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz