Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 31 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jj009 Offline

ChAôt

29.12.2018 14:26
he first inning, and right fielder Lonnie Chisenhall converged with center fielder Tyler Naquin.Probably an easy play in a half- Antworten

CLEVELAND -- Addison Russell lofted a fly ball in the first inning, and right fielder Lonnie Chisenhall converged with center fielder Tyler Naquin.Probably an easy play in a half-filled ballpark on a hot summer night, the 284-foot fly turned into a disorienting disaster for the Cleveland Indians?on Tuesday night during Game 6 of the World Series.With a loud, raucous crowd packing Progressive Field in hopes of witnessing Clevelands first World Series title since 1948, the ball hung in the air for 5 seconds. Chisenhall pulled up and looked at the onrushing Naquin, who was a few feet behind him.A 25-year-old rookie who made his debut on opening day, Naquin had no chance by then to make the catch. The ball bounced past him for a two-run double, as Anthony Rizzo scored and then Ben Zobrist?--?who bowled over Indians catcher Roberto Perez.The Chicago Cubs?had built a three-run lead before Jake Arrieta threw his first pitch.It counts as a hit, which I was totally stoked, Russell said. I thought that was going to be kind of a routine play.Far from it.Cleveland never recovered, and Chicago coasted to a 9-3 win that forced the World Series to a deciding Game 7.Kind of one of those deals you wish you could take back, Naquin said. Me being the center fielder, I need to take charge on that.Even after the game, the sequence of what happened was unclear. Naquin said both players called for the ball. Chisenhall said neither did.Baseball practice dictates that corner outfielders defer to their teammate in center.Its Naquins ball. He was playing on that side, and hes the center fielder, Indians manager Terry Francona said. I think at the end there, as Lonnie was kind of pulling off, Naquin was yelling, Its yours. You got it.Chisenhall, a 28-year-old converted third baseman in his sixth big league season, appeared to follow protocol.Still, he shouldered the blame.I should have caught that ball. I made the aggressive move on it, Chisenhall said. The balls moving towards me, and somebodys got to catch it. It should have been me.He said he saw me moving towards the ball, and I should have continued my route, and I kind of felt him coming, so I pulled up. But I should have kept going.By the third inning, Chisenhall did take charge and cut in front of Naquin to catch Kris Bryants fly with a runner on as the center fielder slid behind him.Youve got to catch the ball. You cant let another one drop, so you risk making a collision, Chisenhall said. We talked about it. We were both avid about not letting the ball hit the grass.Chisenhall and Naquin had a long discussion during a pitching change later in the inning, joined by left fielder Coco Crisp. Naquin said he suggested they use their arms as flippers to signal each other.Three pitches later, Russell hit a grand slam off Dan Otero for a seven-run Cubs lead.Naquin, the 15th overall pick in the 2012 amateur draft, hit .296 with 14 home runs and 43 RBIs during the regular season but is 4-for-25 (.160) with two RBIs in the postseason, including a strikeout that left the bases loaded in the fourth on Tuesday night.In the crucible of the World Series, defense can go awry.Last year, the Royals?Alcides Escobar drove the first pitch of the World Series to the left-center warning track, where Mets center fielder Yoenis Cespedes and left fielder Michael Conforto came together. The ball ricocheted off one of Cespedes feet and rolled along the fence, as Escobar sped around the bases for the second inside-the-park homer to lead off a World Series game.A year earlier, San Francisco center fielder Gregor Blanco allowed Kansas City batter?Alex Gordons two-out single to bounce past him for an error that put the potential tying run at third base with two outs in the ninth inning; some questioned whether Royals third-base coach Mike Jirschele should have waved Gordon home. Madison Bumgarner then retired Salvador Perez on a foul out, saving the Giants 3-2 win in Game 7.And with Game 7 in 1968 scoreless in the seventh inning, Detroits Jim Northrup hit a two-on, two-out drive that was misjudged by St. Louis center fielder Curt Flood and fell behind him for a two-run triple. The Tigers held on for a 4-1 victory behind Mickey Lolich, the last pitcher to win three starts in a single World Series.Cleveland ace Corey Kluber will try to match that feat in Game 7 on Wednesday night.Weve just got to win the game tomorrow, Chisenhall said. I think we leave winners, people will remember that. Cheap Nike Flyknit Shoes . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. Nike Flyknit Clearance Sale . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. http://www.nikeflyknitclearance.com/ . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. Nike Flyknit Shoes Clearance . The 19-year-old Olsen played 34 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL this season. In that time, hes recorded 17 goals and 17 assists with 36 penalty minutes. Nike Flyknit Shoes On Sale . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. EVANSTON, Ill. -- Bryant McIntoshs early season shooting slump finally ended.McIntosh scored 19 of his 23 points in the second half to lead Northwestern to a 65-58 victory over Wake Forest on Monday night in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.McIntosh struggled in the first half on 2-of-8 shooting, but caught fire midway through the second, hitting 8-for-8 from the field for 19 points after the 12:02 mark. His 3 with 1:02 left gave the Wildcats (5-2) a 61-56 lead.McIntosh was shooting just 35 percent from the field coming into the game.I was going through a struggle where the ball just wasnt falling and it was nice to see it finally go in. Coach (Chris Collins) always was telling me this week that the law of averages will come out. Maybe there is a little jump in the averages, said McIntosh.John Collins had 12 points and 16 rebounds and Keyshawn Woods added 12 points for Wake Forest (5-2).Woods 3 cut the Northwestern lead to 61-58 with 30.3 seconds left, but Sanjay Lumpkin scored four straight points to finish the game off for the Wildcats.I thought with three minutes to go in the game, we were right there. Northwestern didnt let us make enough plays to win the game and they made the plays down the stretch, said Wake Forest coach Danny Manning.Scottie Lindsey added 12 points and Lumpkin finished with 10 points and seven rebounds for Northwestern.Lumpkins defense limited the 6-10 Collins in the second half.To see the plays Sanjay Lumpkin made by guarding John Collins the last 10 minutes of the game by giving up six inches, tons of weight, he wouldnt let him touch the ball. Sanjay Lumpkin was magnificent tonight in his own way, said Collins.McIntosh had to leave the game early in the second half after taking a shot to the face. After being tended to on the ssideline he returned to ignite a 6-0 Northwestern run.ddddddddddddIm really proud of my team tonight. That was kind of a good ole fashioned fist fight, in my opinion, said Collins.Trailing 42-38, McIntosh scored the games next six points to give the Wildcats a 44-42 lead with 11:01 in the second half.BIG PICTUREWake Forest: The Demon Deacons began a stretch on Monday where they play four of their five opponents on the opposing teams home court.Northwestern: After not being able to close out Notre Dame in the final seconds last week, the Wildcats bounced back with a win over another power five opponent. Last week, they defeated Texas, which was ranked No. 22 at the time.HOOSIERSAfter taking an elbow to his face McIntosh had a flashback to one of his favorite movies. I think my favorite part is when I came out. Im a big Hoosiers fan, obviously, because Im from Indiana. I heard coach, `patch him up, patch him up. And for whatever reason it took me back to the movie Hoosiers, said McIntosh.STAY IN THE GAMEManning wants to see his, big man, Collins stay out of foul trouble.He could break out a little bit more if he stayed out of foul trouble. But Johns an athletic kid. Last year, in the minutes that he played, his production was really high. He gets a lot of things down out there on the court. The thing were trying to stress to him is defensive position, said Manning.UP NEXTWake Forest travels to Richmond on Saturday. Richmond loss to Maryland in overtime and is coming off a win against Boston College on Saturday.Northwestern faces DePaul on Saturday. The Wildcats defeated the Blue Demons on the road in overtime last season. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz