Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
dasg234 Offline

ChAôt

23.12.2018 11:56
et in the 51st.Feilhaber has three goals and two assists i Antworten

CARMEL, Ind. -- Jordan Spieth insists he didnt do anything. But hes pretty pleased nonetheless by the result -- and what it means for a college student at Purdue whom he met this week at the BMW Championship.When Spieth made a hole-in-one during the first round of last years tournament at Conway Farms outside of Chicago, he celebrated by raising his arms in the air and needling his caddie, Michael Greller, as they had differed on what club to use.It was the second ace of his career on the PGA Tour (he would also make one later in the year at the Hero World Challenge), but its tough to think the others could have the same kind of impact.Spieths ace triggered a $100,000 donation to the Evans Scholars Foundation and the Western Golf Association, which runs the BMW Championship, being played this year at Crooked Stick Golf Club. The WGC has been awarding such caddie scholarships since 1930, the proceeds of the BMW Championship (formerly the Western Open) among the ways it funds the program.Getting another $100,000 meant doling out one more scholarship for the 2016-17 school year, one that went to Hayden Bauschka, 19, who attended Purdue University on his own last year before being awarded the Evans Scholarship last winter.I didnt put him through college; it was the Western Golf Association, said Spieth, who met Bauschka on Wednesday before the tournament. I was just happy to hit the shot and make the 1. To find out that is the benefit and to meet him -- hes an engineering student at Purdue. Obviously it was great to put a face to the act.Its pretty special. We dont need cars. We have enough. To see that make a difference was really cool.Spieth was referring to the fact that a car is often the prize for a hole-in-one. (An ongoing promotion on the PGA Tour through Quicken Loans allows for a random fan to have a year of mortgage payments made if a player makes an ace.) And the car is given to the player, who typically has the means to afford many. BMW being a car company, a car giveaway would make even more sense. But several years ago, BMW approached WGA president and CEO John Kaczkowski to discuss something like a scholarship that would be more impactful.They came up with a plan that would have BMW donate $100,000 to the WGA/Evans Scholars Foundation for the first ace made during the tournament. The program has been in effect for four years.We figure tuition and housing to be roughly about $25,000 a year, Kaczkowski said. When Jordan made the hole-in-one, it meant BMW sent us a check, and that enables us to provide one more scholarship this school year. We cant give scholarships away that we cant pay for.We get a lot of great publicity, a lot of great reaction to this particular scholarship. And it makes sense. Youre tying a tour player, a celebrity, to the Evans Scholarship.The Evans Scholarship Foundation began in 1930 with funding provided by amateur golfer Charles Chick Evans, who in 1916 was the first player to win the U.S. Open and U.S. Amateur in the same year. Only Bobby Jones, in 1930, has done it since. Evans also won the 1910 Western Open and the 1920 U.S. Amateur in a long career that saw him enter the U.S. Amateur 50 times. Evans died in 1979.Evans had earned several thousand dollars in royalties for various instruction records as well as from sales generated by a golf instruction book. Under the rules of the time, if Evans would have kept the money for himself, he would have forfeited his amateur status and would have had to turn professional for accepting the funds. It was never his intention to play for pay.But Evans was able to earmark the money for a caddie scholarship program that the WGA administered. From two Evans Scholars at Northwestern in 1930, the program has grown to 935 in college this year at nearly 20 schools around the country. And there are 10,000 Evans Scholars alumni, too.Bauschka learned in February that he had been awarded the scholarship after an interview process that occurred here at Crooked Stick. He had spent several years working at golf courses, as well as caddying at nearby Prairie View Golf Club. Being a caddie for at least two years, getting the proper recommendations and high school grades as well as showing financial need are all criteria for the scholarship.I could have never imagined everything that has happened for me in the last year, he said. I was literally counting trees while at my internship with Duke Realty last summer when I got a call from the WGA telling me that the money from Spieths hole-in-one would go for my scholarship. I can never express how surprising that was and how grateful I am to everyone who was involved.Bauschka paid for his first year of college with money saved from his time working at golf courses. The Evans Scholarship will take care of his tuition and housing through four years at Purdue, where he is majoring in construction engineering management.An added thrill this week was getting to meet Spieth.He was as nice a person as he seems on TV and as everyone has said, was a pleasure to talk to, Bauschka said. After he congratulated me on getting the scholarship, we talked about my pursuit at Purdue, about the 7-iron he hit to make the hole-in-one -- about how his caddie suggested a 6-iron instead.Kaczkowski said the hope in getting the word out about the program is that caddying offers another way to grow golf, a big push in the industry today.I do think a lot of the discussion around growing the game has kind of missed the boat, he said. The idea of caddying is a great way to make money in the summer, a fun way to interact with adults, learn the game, learn how people handle themselves on the golf course, which is a big barrier to playing the game -- the intimidation factor.The idea of kids caddying and learning how the game works and having the ability to play the golf course helps the game. It exposes people to golf and they might try it later in life. If you want future golfers, future members, a caddie program is a great way to help start it.Editors Note: Bob Harig, who caddied at Inverness Golf Club in Palatine, Illinois, attended Indiana University on an Evans Scholarship. Air Max 90 Canada Sale . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. Buy Air Max 90 Canada . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. http://www.airmax90canada.ca/ . It was Kerbers third final of the year after losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in Monterrey in April and to Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic in Tokyo two weeks ago. The 10th-ranked German improved her record in finals to 3-5. Air Max 90 Canada Online . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. Air Max 90 Sale Canada . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- Jimmy Medranda scored his first-career MLS goal and Sporting Kansas City extended its unbeaten streak to five games with a 3-1 win over New York City FC on Sunday night.Medranda blasted a left-footer, from well outside the box, past Josh Saunders into the back of the net to give Sporting (8-8-4) a 2-1 lead in the 16th minute.Benny Feilhabers tap-in goal, off the back of Saunders, opened the scoring in the eighth.Frank Lampard tied it in the 14th minute, rolling a right-footer -- off the feed froom Ronald Matarrita -- just inside the near post.ddddddddddddeilhaber flicked the ball into the area and Ike Opara outdueled defender Frederic Brillant at the top of the 6-yard box to slip the ball into the net in the 51st.Feilhaber has three goals and two assists in the last four matches.NYCFC (8-6-6), the points leader in the Eastern Conference, had its four-game winning streak snapped. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz