Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
jokergreen0220 Offline

ChAôt

22.12.2018 07:59
TORONTO – Brett Lawries impending return from hamstring tightness creates a problem – a good problem – for manager John Gibbons. Antworten

TORONTO – Brett Lawries impending return from hamstring tightness creates a problem – a good problem – for manager John Gibbons. Doug McDermott Jersey . That is, how does he keep the red hot bat of Juan Francisco in the lineup when first base is taken by Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind is back as the designated hitter? "Maybe Francisco can play second," joked Gibbons. In all seriousness, Francisco has been a revelation for the ballclub since signing a minor league deal on April 2 and arriving in Cleveland to meet his new Blue Jays teammates on April 20. Coming off an 18-home run season split between Atlanta and Milwaukee last year, Franciscos already hit five in 61 at-bats for Toronto. He doesnt get cheated, either, having deposited one in the fourth deck of Rogers Centre, just above Paul Beestons name on the Blue Jays Level of Excellence. Franciscos slash line of .311/.403/.623 (1.026 OPS) is well above his career .248/.308/.447 (.755 OPS) but even if his history suggests his numbers will regress the longer he plays, until it happens, Francisco needs to stay in the lineup. "Right now were looking at everything," said manager John Gibbons. "While hes hot weve got to find a way to keep him in there somehow." The obvious play is to move Brett Lawrie to second base. It doesnt have to be permanent. Lawrie, should the decision be made, hopes its only temporary. "Im going to do it because its for the team but Im not necessarily amazed about it," said Lawrie. "Im a third baseman. Its where I play. Its what Ive been doing. Its what I did to work to get here. Obviously Francisco is swinging a hot bat but were going to have to find another way to get him in the lineup, who knows, but if I do get put at second base thats how it goes. Ill just do it for my team." Look at this hypothetical starting lineup with Francisco at third base and Lawrie at second base: Reyes – SSCabrera – LFBautista – RFEncarnacion – 1BFrancisco – 3BNavarro – CLind – DHLawrie – 3BRasmus – CF One through nine, wheres the easy out? The Blue Jays would be giving something up defensively with the realignment but Francisco has proven to be more adept at third base in Lawries absence than expected. "Ive been very impressed," said Gibbons. "I think that was his rap. His defence was the reason he never really established himself but we havent seen it. Of course hes not Lawrie down there but how many guys are?" Dont count on Saturday being Lawries return date. He took ground balls on Friday afternoon and participated in batting practice for a second consecutive day. Its part of the process of ramping up the effort level, testing his sore right hamstring. "Ive still got to do some other stuff baseball-wise," said Lawrie. "Ive still got to get up to relatively full speed to see how were doing. Ran on the treadmill today at a little bit higher pace so feeling a little bit better." Lawries willing to be a team guy. He also wants the appropriate recognition for his gold glove caliber play at the hot corner. "Im a third baseman," said Lawrie. "I worked my butt off to get where Im at. Im not saying its not going to help the team. Im here to do what it is to help the team but I worked my butt off to be that good at third base and continue to do what Im doing. I work everyday over there. Still continuing to get my work in and second base, it is what it is, man, its not what Im here to do. I worked my butt off to do what I do out there." Alize Johnson Jersey . In the opener of the World Group first-round series, world No. 18 Kei Nishikori defeated Peter Polansky of Thornhill, Ont. Domantas Sabonis Jersey . When the next inning rolled around Wednesday, though, Nationals manager Matt Williams sent Strasburg to the mound to face the top of the Dodgers order in what would become a 3-2 victory for Washington, the first time this season the No. http://www.authenticbasketballshoppacers.info/mark-jackson-pacers-jersey/ . Reyes, 26, was traded from Atlanta to Toronto in July 2010 and spent the remainder of the season in the minors. He began 2011 in the majors and made 20 starts with the Blue Jays, going 5-8 with a 5.40 earned run average before he was waived on Aug.PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Pirates used three right fielders, including two had never played the outfield in a major league game before, and five relief pitchers. Somehow, all the manoeuvring by manager Clint Hurdle paid off. Pedro Alvarez singled in the go-ahead run and the Pirates won their season-high fourth straight game Saturday night, 4-3 over the St. Louis Cardinals. "We drew a lot of stuff up in the dirt," Hurdle said. "Everybody showed up, though, and did what they were supposed to do and it ended up being a really gritty win for us." The Pirates were short two outfielders as centre fielder Andrew McCutchen missed a game for the first time this season because of soreness in his left foot and right fielder Travis Snider was serving the second game of a two-game suspension from for his part in an April 20 brawl with the Milwaukee Brewers. Starling Marte, normally the left fielder who was starting in centre in place of McCutchen, left the game for pinch-hitter Gaby Sanchez in bottom of the fourth inning because of lower back stiffness. Josh Harrison, who started in right field, moved to left and Sanchez took over in right for his first outfield action of his seven-year career. Hurdle then decided to move shortstop Jordy Mercer to right field in the eighth inning with the Pirates holding on to a 4-3 lead. Backup shortstop Clint Barmes replaced Mercer, who played in the outfield for the first time in his three-year career. Neither Sanchez nor Mercer had a ball hit their way. "We had talked about the possibility (on Friday), so Gaby was prepared," Hurdle said. "Jordys athletic and he has a good arm. "I figured he could catch the ball and maybe throw someone out if he had to." Alvarezs hit capped a four-run fourth inning against Lance Lynn (4-2) that helped the Pirates wipe out a 3-0 deficit. Harrison and Ike Davis each had two hits for the Pirates, who have won 11 of their last 14 games against the Cardinals in Pittsburgh. Harrison also hit an RBI single in the fourth. Jared Hughes (2-1) retired all four batters he faced in relief of starter Eddinson Volquez, including getting Matt Adams to ground out with the bases loaded to end the fifth inning and preserve a one-run lead. Bojan Bogdanovic Jersey. Mark Melancon earned his fourth save with a scoreless ninth, striking out Allen Craig with runners on first and second for the final out. Hughes and Melancon combined with Justin Wilson, Bryan Morris and Tony Watson for 4 1-3 scoreless relief innings. "Its a tough spot with the bases loaded, but all Im thinking is to keep the ball down and let my fielders make a play and thats exactly what happened," Hughes said. Lynn allowed four runs in six innings and is winless in four starts since winning his first four starts of the season. He gave up nine hits and two walks while striking out five as the Cardinals dropped to 3-5 on their nine-game road trip. Volquez and Jose Tabata hit consecutive run-scoring groundouts in the fourth inning before Harrison and Alvarez followed with RBI singles. "What can I do? I gave up a bunch on infield singles," Lynn said. "Its not like I was giving up double-double-double-double. I was giving up infield singles -- thats just really bad luck, and Ive had those games and Ive had nights when Ive given up double-double-double and given up three runs. "As a pitcher youd much rather give up double-double-double because singles (are upsetting)." NOTES: St. Louis C Yadier Molina, who is 0 for 12 in his last four games, got a day off. ... Pirates LHP Wandy Rodriguez will be activated from the disabled list and start Thursday at Milwaukee. He has been out with right knee inflammation since April 20. ... Cardinals LHP Jaime Garcia will make his next rehab start Monday for Triple-A Memphis on Monday after it was originally announced he would pitch for Double-A Springfield on Sunday. Garcia has been on the DL all season while recovering from shoulder surgery. ... The three-game series ends Sunday night with St. Louis RHP Shelby Miller (4-2, 3.20) facing RHP Charlie Morton (0-4, 3.45). It will mark the first time ESPN has televised a Sunday night game from Pittsburgh since 1996. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz