Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Forenspiele
dasg234 Offline

ChAôt

21.12.2018 15:38
think they are unique in the world in that respect.China c Antworten

DAKAR, Senegal -- Former British police officer Ben Hooper hopes to make history by swimming every mile of the Atlantic Ocean from Africa to South America. After more than three years of preparation, he set off on Sunday.The 38-year-old walked down a beach in Dakar and into the Atlantic Ocean, launching a swim for 1,635 nautical miles, or nearly 2,000 land miles (3,200 kilometers), from Senegal to Brazil.This is for my daughter, said Hooper, who filled a water bottle with sand to keep for the 8-year-old who he said inspired the swim. Its been a long time coming.Flanked by two boats and a crew of less than a dozen, Hooper aims to be the first person to swim every mile of the Atlantic Ocean from continent to continent, stepping on land again in March.He says he trained three years as he gathered a crew for the Big Blue, the main boat on which he will eat and sleep when he is not swimming for about eight hours each day through waters infested with sharks and jellyfish.Water has loomed large in his life.I nearly drowned when I was 5 in a swimming pool in Belgium, Hooper told The Associated Press. Ever since ... Ive had this affinity with water. It was the calmest Ive ever felt.Hooper said he had a bout of depression about 3 1/2 years ago and decided to turn his life around for his daughter. So he looked to water.Nobody had swum a full ocean. More people have landed on the moon than have tried this, so at that point I thought maybe this is my calling, said Hooper. If I can inspire myself, other people and raise money for charity, why not do it?Inspired by British explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Hooper said he hopes to motivate others, especially children, to swim.Funding for the expedition has taken time, and the launch was set back several times as various crew members dropped out and the boats faced mechanical issues.This will be a major achievement overall, said Nigel Taylor-Schofield, the captain of Big Blue. If anybody can accomplish this, it would be Ben. He is very determined.The crew, including a paramedic, will track the miles, and Hooper has said if he gets to Brazil with the help of currents, he will swim until he fulfills the full Atlantic mileage.The challenges, be it marine life, dehydration, and more, will be vast, but Hooper says his biggest fear is letting the team and his daughter down. Hell listen to a playlist on customized earphones that he said will include eurotrash music, Eminem and The Scripts Hall of Fame. Hooper will also wear various gear that helps camouflage him from sharks, and a tracking device so supporters can follow his nearly five-month swim online.Around 10:30 a.m. on the beach outside the Monaco Plage hotel in Dakar, Hooper and the crew were ready.See you in Brazil, he said, before eventually swimming off into the sunlit waters toward his goal.---http://www.swimthebigblue.com/--Follow Carley Petesch on Twitter at www.twitter.com/carleypetesch NBA Jerseys From China . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. http://www.cheapnbajerseysbywholesale.com/ . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. Wholesale Basketball Jerseys . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. Discount Nike Basketball Jerseys .Y. -- Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse have another World Cup gold medal after winning the two-women bobsled race on Saturday in Lake Placid, N. RIO DE JANEIRO -- The Japanese arrived in Rio beaming with confidence and a very simple goal: Win the countrys first Olympic medal in womens basketball.That hasnt changed. Not even facing the daunting task of having to pull off one of the greatest Olympic upsets ever and beat the U.S. womens team to keep that dream alive.Outside of our team, nobody believes we can do that, but we still believe we can, Japan assistant coach Tom Hovasse said. If we play our basketball, were a tough out. If were shooting like we are ... were a tough team to beat.The Japanese were banned by FIBA in November 2014 for allowing two basketball leagues to operate in the country, a violation of the world governing bodys statutes. But they rebounded and played their way into their first Olympics since 2004 and fourth overall as the FIBA Asian champs in 2015. So they arent backing down from any challenge.Everybody, all the reporters and everybodys watching, theyre probably surprised at what Japan has done, 5-foot-9 forward Mika Kurihara said with Hovasse translating. Were not. ... We want to do more, and thats the feeling I think for everybody.The team, filled with speedy shooters unafraid to drive into the lane, already has matched its three victories in 1996 in Atlanta for the most wins in any games. And they even and have a win against the U.S. -- in the 1976 Olympics. It was one of the rare losses for the Americans, who are 63-3 all-time in the Olympics, have won 46 straight and looking for a sixth consecutive gold medal.ddddddddddddThe Japanese, however, nearly stunned the worlds No. 2 team during group play, jumping out to a 16-point lead in the fourth quarter over Australia on Aug. 11. But their legs gave out, and it took 37 points from Liz Cambage to help the Opals pull out the win.I hate playing Japan, Cambage said. I respect the girls. What they lack in height, they make up for in speed and quicks.Japans top player, Ramu Tokashiki, plays on WNBA Seattle Storm where she is teammate of Sue Bird and Breanna Stewart.Geno Auriemma has been impressed with how Japan has competed.I dont think theres another team in the world that plays the way they do, the U.S. coach said. Play as quickly as they do, as crisp together as they play and do as many things as Japan does, I think they are unique in the world in that respect.China coach Thomas Maher has seen more than enough of Japan not to be surprised at how the Asian nation is playing in these games. The Australian native said Japan sticks to its defensive plan and uses its speed to move the ball well offensively.Well, nobodys going to match USA, lets face it, Maher said. But you know I think Japan have been great for a couple of years now. Theyre a great team. They play great basketball.---Online:AP Summer Games website: http://summergames.ap.org/ cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz